Terms & Conditions
Thanks for coming this far and reading our Terms & Conditions. As a small business delivering hand-made products to a small margin, we do first need to make a few things clear. Any question please pose, we are always happy to help.
Refund, Returns & Alterations
Here at Ecotone, we ѕtrіvе to mаkе each сuѕtоmеr jоurnеу аѕ smooth аѕ possible rіght frоm the mоmеnt of purchasing the рrоduсt to rесеіvіng and mаkіng use оf it. In ѕріtе of аll efforts аnd dіlіgеnсе, sometimes something mіght gо wrong and you may wish tо rеturn the рrоduсt. In thіѕ case, please refer to the below - Bespoke products & Non-bespoke products. This section explains оur роlісіеѕ іn аll ѕuсh ѕсеnаrіоѕ. Plеаѕе bе aware thаt аnу dіѕсrераnсіеѕ bеtwееn your оrdеr аnd the gооdѕ rесеіvеd must bе nоtіfіеd within 2 days оf receipt оf the items.
As we are a small startup offering bespoke, specially made handcrafted furniture, we regrettably will not be able to acknowledge returns or cancellation on any bespoke products once work has started. It would be ideal if you ensure that all details are correct when putting in your request, and that you are content with all design choices. Subject to the rіght of Cоnѕumеrѕ tо rеturn gооdѕ fоr rеfund undеr Thе Cоnѕumеr Protection (Distance Selling) Rеgulаtіоnѕ 2000, ecotones.co.uk dоеѕ nоt ѕеll products оn a trіаl bаѕіѕ. Cuѕtоmеrѕ аrе strongly advised tо сhесk ѕuіtаbіlіtу аnd specifications of рrоduсtѕ bеfоrе ordering
We try to consistently deliver quality items, however, mistakes are inevitable. If уоu should encounter a dеfесt, please contact us directly and as soon as possible. On contacting us, please provide a detailed description in writing, with images if possible of any affected areas of damage/defects.
Upon receiving this, we will do what we can to make things right! Onсе thе іtеm hаѕ bееn rеturnеd, we will tеѕt іt аnd fіx the рrоblеm оr mоdіfу thе defect. If thе item саnnоt be fіxеd or modified, wе wіll send out a replacement as soon as possible. Replacement рrоduсt mау be either nеw or еԛuіvаlеnt tо new аnd bе identical or еԛuіvаlеnt ѕресіfісаtіоn.
Non-Defective Returns Conditions
In the event that we, at our absolute dіѕсrеtіоn, аgrее tо accept thе rеturn for сrеdіt оf unwаntеd рrоduсtѕ, the Gооdѕ muѕt bе returned with оur рrіоr wrіttеn аgrееmеnt wіthіn TWO dауѕ оf delivery. Thе Gооdѕ must bе unореnеd, with thе mаnufасturеrѕ' ѕеаlѕ іntасt аnd in реrfесt resalable соndіtіоn. All non-defective rеturnѕ аrе liable tо a 20% rеѕtосkіng fее, unlеѕѕ incorrectly supplied bу ecotone.co.uk. Inсоrrесtlу ѕuррlіеd іtеmѕ must be returned іn thеіr оrіgіnаl condition, оr a rе-ѕtосkіng fee оf 20% will bе сhаrgеd.
Orіgіnаl соndіtіоn: аll ассоmраnуіng mаtеrіаlѕ, mаnuаlѕ еtс must bе еnсlоѕеd іn their original packaging аnd ѕhоuld be undаmаgеd. Sесurеlу repackage thе іtеm/іtеmѕ іn the ѕаmе way that thеу were ѕеnt tо уоu.
Changes Or Modifications After Order Placement
Once you have placed your order, by making a payment, the cost of any additional requested design drawings, or requested alterations to existing drawings will be charged to the customer. We do not provide drawings for all items.
• Please consider the entrance to the area you are having the item made for. Will it fit through all entryways, passages, stairwells etc. We can dismantle a few things for simpler access if organized, and we shall not be answerable for products not fitting into the space required, and any re-conveyances and adjustments will be charged to the customer.
• Most of the time our couriers deal with set costs, be that as it may, we maintain whatever authority is needed to possibly increase the delivery costs in the following conditions:
- You live in a remote part of the UK.
- We encounter difficulties in accessing the room/delivery place. In the event that there are several floors to climb up, or long distances to carry the furniture, it is imperative you inform us before delivery is embarked upon.
• Any attempted and failed deliveries because of access issues will be charged to the client, alongside the expense of any essential modifications.
• Any delivery dates or times set out are mainly rough estimates. While we will put forth all sensible attempts to convey the products within the agreed period, we won't be liable for any loss caused to the Buyer resulting from the late delivery, and we cannot offer compensation if the agreed delivery date is missed or cancelled by the hauler or ourselves.
• We will consistently attempt to finish any work in as convenient time as could reasonably be expected, but except if previously consented with the Buyer, we will not be subject to any resulting self-assertive delivery dates mentioned or demanded by the Buyer or their agents.
• We make use of third party delivery companies; your contact details will be sent to them for delivery purpose only. The delivery companies are answerable for the timely delivery of your products, and may not be totally flexible on delivery dates.
• Although we will consistently endeavor to have delivery made in one consignment, we may however, occasionally have delivery made in more than one consignment except otherwise agreed upon prior to the delivery.
• If for any reason the Buyer is unable to meet the agreed delivery date, any charges brought about for redelivery will be passed onto the Buyer, and in like manner any charges caused for stocking the products.
• It is the Buyer's duty to investigate products on delivery for damages or defect, please kindly notify us of any damage or defect within 2 days of delivery
• If the client signed the delivery company's POD (proof of delivery), and no report of damage or defect is mentioned, no refunds or fixes can be given for in-transit damages.
• Surcharge costs will apply over the free delivery for postcodes recorded in the 'Extra charge Areas' segment of the 'Delivery/Lead Time' page.
• Customers can receive their goods at our workshop on completion if previously agreed upon, once we have received the full payment for the product.
• Additional delay, brought about by the client not being at the delivery area during their specified delivery time, will be charged at £30 per 30 minutes.
• When placing order, customers may be requested to provide additional persons that can be available to help with the delivery of heavy or large orders. On the off chance that this has not been arranged by the client, the drivers maintain all authority to decline the delivery, as it will be excessively substantial and hazardous for them to lift alone.
Products, Materials And Design
• Given the nature of both the materials we use and the type of rustic furniture we are producing, our wood could contain the entirety of the accompanying characterful attributes: (which are normal within each piece and for which we can't offer any sort of discount or refund)
- Saw marks over the grain.
- Small 'chip out' marks on the timber
- Knots/breaks/shakes/wavey edges
- Small machining imprints
- Natural color variation
Ideally, these attributes should add to the uniqueness of your item, however should you need your item to be decreased from this kind of provincial character, please notify us at the point of purchase or contact us directly to ensure we get this right for you.
• We consistently strive to pick the best timber for all our furniture, however, there may still be small knots, different wood grain and medulla ray beams, contingent upon the wood we have available.
• Waney Edge items are diverse inevitably and can have significant levels of character. We fix any enormous regular breaks and huge bunches with pecan butterfly joints, however, these won't be on every single order.
• We won't acknowledge returns, make changes or modifications, or offer refunds because of issues emerging from the client's personal inclination to a particular wood grain, design, hitches, medullary beams, shading variety or some other normally happening components. Natural woods differed and are wonderful and the grain can even change in a similar piece.
• All wood species can react to exposure to sunlight, changes in temperature and humidity. We will not be held liable for changes in the wood because of ecological factors, when delivery has been made. All our wood is dried to a mugginess of 8-10% humidity. In extremely dry settings this could reduce, prompting breakage/crack; in like manner, a moist or wet condition could make the wood twist, and joints to isolate. Our furniture are made in light of wood development; however we can't assume liability should the piece react to the humidity of your own environment.
• Our furniture is not ideal for outdoor use, or use in washrooms and wet-rooms except if indicated.
• Across our Furniture, and in our interactions with you, we may portray the wood thickness at 25mm, 35mm or 50mm - these thicknesses are umbrella terms used to depict the beginning thickness of oak utilized, completed board thickness will be less. In the event that you need a particular wood thickness, you should tell us when making an order.
• All our items can be made to measure to fit perfectly into your space, however, we don't guarantee mm precisions except if we are indicated to do so. Some hardware such as nuts and bolts may protrude- it would be ideal if you take into account +/ - 25mm on all measurements. (Or on the other hand about 5%). The resilience are probably going to happen in the height and depth of the piece as we are utilizing strong sheets that can change marginally in size contingent upon how much every specific board needs sanding.
• If you require an accurate size for your product, for fitting into a recess for instance, please make sure to indicate that the measurement should be accurate. We can't assume liability for a thing which doesn't fit or is excessively little if the measurement is under the 5% of resistance.
• As a result of the finishing applied to our products, the final product may differ from photographs on the web or samples we send out, yet we will consistently do our best to get a perfect match.
• While working to clients' drawings and design specifications, our furniture won't be considered completely liable for issues with structure, usefulness, or solidness/wood development, except if the sample item is requested or testing is paid for. We try to safeguard any item ordered is dispatched in full working condition, and to our typical high standard which we are known for, be that as it may, on the off chance that we do experience unforeseen design issues, or need to adjust a clients' design we will charge appropriately.
• We won't be considered answerable for any damage brought about by clients attempt to make alterations or corrections to their order, for instance, the fitting of their own legs to table tops and so forth.
• We can't be considered liable for the client’s inclination to specific design components that are not discussed at the point of ordering, and will make professional assumptions dependent on the style of the item, and its usefulness etc.
• We offer an hour of free drawing time for handcrafts, after which charges will apply.
• Our products will require proper maintenance, depending on use, to keep your furniture looking the best it can. Specifically, dining tables and desks will require re-coating in the relevant varnish, wax or oil within the span of 12 months or thereabouts. We likewise prescribe utilizing wood cleaner. It would be ideal if you allude to our Care Guide.
• Almost all of our items are dispatched completely assembled unless otherwise indicated
• All of our items will be heavy! (More than likely, very heavy!) If weight will be a worry, please indicate before placing your order.
• We suggest that products of shelving, cabinets and drawers should be fixed to a wall for safety. It would be ideal if you mention while ordering if you will require fixings, or drillings. Furniture items left detached are at owner’s sole risk.
• In the condition that an item is to be fixed to a wall, floor, or dividers, it is the client's duty to check the appropriateness of their property, wall type, and so forth. We won't be held liable for injuries or loss caused to client or his property in the process, or subsequently, of the client attaching their furniture to the wall, floor etc. We would suggest the client use an experienced artisan.
• Never climb or hang from your furniture.
• Always place heavier items at the base of shelving and storage to maintain a strategic distance from the piece getting top heavy.
Payment And Pricing
• At our discretion, we may offer our customers the option to put down a commitment (deposit) on orders over the estimation of £500. The remaining balance is to be paid before dispatch, and orders will be held until full payment has been made.
• Occasionally there might be content on our site that contains typographical errors, omissions or inaccuracies that may has to do with product descriptions, evaluation, item shipping charges, delivery process and timing. Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
• Quotes given will remain valid for 30 days, after this time we maintain whatever authority is needed to change prices accordingly in line with material expenses and existing listing costs.
This site and all of its contents including, but not limited to, all text and images (“content”) are owned and copyrighted by ecotones.co.uk, with all rights reserved unless otherwise indicated. The content, without the express written permission of ecotones.co.uk or the rightful owner, may not be distributed, downloaded, modified, edited, reused, reproduced, transmitted, performed, displayed, or otherwise used by any physical or electronic means, except as provided herein.
EcoTone House, Clay Street
Tel: 01482 689618
Company Reg No: 11404239